Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bostoned out of my gord


I know that I am not the only person that has two televisions in my living room. And I also know that any person in their right mind (a man) with two televisions is watching Boston College/Virginia Tech on the low def screen and has the Series on HD. In all honesty I've been so mesmerised watching the rain water cascade off of Frank Beamer's 3rd ass cheek skin graft; I have neglected the series a bit.

As predicted -- Boston College and Virginia Tech are absolutely not top 10 teams. BC is good for a fumble every other play, and VT just botched a snap of their own. The game's only points (as of yet) came on a play that had no business being called a touchdown. The linesman had to ask the back judge for the call. Neither one had shit for an idea of what had happened - so they logically called it a score. In a situation like this, you should always make the safe call of incomplete and let the replay determine whether or not the scoreboard should change.

Another bright spot for Bostoners, Jason Varitek is aging well. He's 35 years old and lists Dave Matthews Band and Bare Naked Ladies as his favorite bands. Looks like his teammates finally broke him down after his Hanson stage in the '04 Series.



No comments: